Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trip to Bellingham: Day 2

The next day we got up early and planned to go on a "hike" on one of the local trails. We all meet up at Eric's house and headed over to the hiking area. For some reason I thought wearing shorts would be a good idea but not so much. I figured after we got going and moving I'd warm up enough and be glad I didn't decide to wear pants but that moment never happened. The trail was in a really pretty area. It ran alongside a creek that was lined with big green bushes and trees. Everything there is really green nothing like here, its very beautiful. At one point, the trail led underneath an old rustic bridge which was really cool. We had planned to walk to a park that was on the trail to meet up with Eric's in-laws and have a picnic in the park. They decided not to go on the hike and decided to be nice go to the store and get food for us for the picnic before we left for our hike. We were following the signs to the park and walked for probably a good hour or so. We finally came to a sign that said the park was .6 miles away so we knew were close. Then when we traveled the .6 miles we saw a sign that said the park was another mile or mile and a half away!! The sign lied to us!! We didn't wanna get to far away from the cars and we were getting pretty hungry and decided to head back to another park that was listed on the post that was back closer to where the cars were. Now I didn't mind the hike at all but I didn't realize how cold it was until we arrived at the park. I was starting to not feel so good by this time. I was hungry, had a headache and was cold and my nipples were hurting so much because it was so cold. We all thought that the Petersons (Eric's in-laws) would have been there already but they didn't end up arriving for another hour!! It tough but we made it. We were all getting a little irritable with the coldness, hunger and it didn't help that the kids thought that screaming at the top of their lungs was a fun thing to do especially inside the pavilion building which made their voices echo and sound that much louder. (We snatched the area to have the picnic inside to get out of the cold.) After realizing that we weren't gonna starve we went back to the hotel to change and go swimming at the pool. I however came back and unintentionally fell asleep. I had been in a funky mood since we finished our walk and when I woke up I felt funny and didn't really wanna do anything. I finally decided to go down to the pool and swim with everyone. It was fun and the pool was heated so that helped. After swimming we met up at the Peterson's hotel to have dinner in the conference room there. They ordered Olive Garden take out (which was lovely) and we had pasta and breadsticks. Rachel had organized a craft for the kids to decorate eggs since we wouldn't be seeing them during Easter. They weren't hard-boiled eggs but were more like color cardboard cut-outs and we painted and decorated some of those. I painted a Easter bunny on the one I made but it wasn't anything fancy. I always like to be artistic. Whenever we have crafting activities, pumpkin carving in particular, I always pick the hardest pattern to do and take the longest. Here's one I did a few years ago.
After dinner, we went back to our hotel and just chilled in our room and watched some TV before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment