Wednesday, May 11, 2011

J-30 and the Million Dollar Idea$

There’s an ongoing joke that my wife and I have about a particular type of car. I think it started one day when we were discussing that luxury cars never have fun names like the Honda Fit or Mitsubishi Lancer (cars we had) they just letters and numbers like Lexus GS430 or BMW 325i. Like why not choose names that are more fun and mean something. Of course LS430 means that the car is a Luxury Sedan with a 4.3 liter engine but that’s still lame why not be more inventive. We were listing examples of cars with these letter-number names and I mentioned the Infiniti J30 to which Rachel responded that’s not a real car! I knew for a fact it was a real car because I distinctly remember the commercials from when I was younger. The ad featured a voiceover with a British accent and he spoke in a very affected and eloquent voice to which I impersonated to her. I also knew it was a real car because whenever I would see one I would think how ugly they were and think of the British Accent, “The new J30 available at your local Infiniti Dealer” which resembles a Ford Taurus. I couldn't find the actual commerical I remember with the british guy but this video at least shows you how "elegant and beautiful" the car is.


Anyways every time we spot one, we try to take a picture or a video of it and laugh about how ugly and sad they are. We always use a British accent and add commentary to the photo or video and joke about how it’s our dream car. I saw one the other day and it gave me a great idea. I want to make a website called ilovej30s.com. A place where people could post pics, vids and blog and talk about the greatest car ever made - the J30!

It’s not as cool as my other million dollar idea the EverKool® Pillow – a pillow that would stay cool until you fall asleep so you don’t have to flip it over when one side gets too warm. I know it’s something I would enjoy because I hate when it gets all hot especially during the summer. The only problem with the idea is figuring out a practical cooling source and a way to keep it cool without making your neck and head wet. Hopefully, one day I’ll figure out how to make it become a reality.

My other recent million dollar idea was to capitalize on the recent surge in self-serve soft serve frozen yogurt places like Yogurtland, TuttiFrutti, Pinkberry and others like them except mine would be self-serve ice cream. Similar to those places, you could scoop your own ice cream and add your own mix-ins but I think technically it’s the same as Cold Stone Ice Cream except they have someone make it for you. My version would have to have more flavors at least 31 or so like Baskin Robbins. Ok, so maybe it’s no exactly original or even good but I would go to a place like that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment